Saturday, August 21, 2010

Nec ND-2100A internal dvd-rw drive to external usb case?

I have a NEC ND-2100A Internal dvd-rw drive and I jus purchased a external usb case to put it in. It fits in the case and powers on, but when I connect it to my laptop (dell inspiron 1501) it says USB Device Not Reconized. I went to the Nec webpage for help but nothing worked. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME....Nec ND-2100A internal dvd-rw drive to external usb case?
The problem is not the NEC drive, it's the usb case. You'll need the drivers for it installed. You should be able to find them on the manufactures website of the external enclosure. Windows cannot see the NEC because it doesn't know what kind of USB device has been plugged in. Once it know its a USB External Enclosure it will continue to load the drivers for the NEC drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment