Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Which Progressive scan DVD player would be best in my case?

Im in the market for a new DVD player. I currently have a Panasonic RV-31 which does NOT have progressive scan. I have a 1080i Hi-Def Sony Display. Unfortunatly my display does not have DVI or HDMI. So my only option in terms of hi definition is input through Component. I was looking at the Zenith DVB318 which upscales through component and the Denon DVM1815. The Zenith does upconvert thru component, but I just want to know if the Denon is better because it is a higher end brand and with the fact that it is a changer and it has DCDi. Thanks for the help!Which Progressive scan DVD player would be best in my case?
You'll find that the ';de-interlacer'; (progressive scan-maker) in your HDTV does a better job than most inexpensive ';progressive scan'; DVD players. Most players can change from interlaced (480i) to progressive (480p) at the touch of a button, showing you in an instant which piece of equipment has the better ';de-interlacer'; or ';upconverter';. You'd be suprised at what you find.Which Progressive scan DVD player would be best in my case?
Sounds like you have pretty much worked through the issues.





Assuming you are sticking with DVD (i.e. passing on HD disks) -- and with a 720p/1080i HDTV you won't get that much improvement from HD disks compared to well upconverted DVDs -- you do need upconversion over component and choices are somewhat limited with new players.





Denon generally has a good name, but they have had some duds too, and reviews of the DVM1815 at the link are not too favourable overall. Unfortunately the Zenith didn't do that well either (see 2nd link).





I suggest you consider the problems identified with these two players and consider whether they ';kill the deal'; for you.





I have another option for you ... the Helios / NeuNeo HVD2085 (See last link). I don't know if it is still available but he Helios site shows the HVD2000 is and it upconverts over component to 1080i.





Hope this helps.
EXCELLENT QUESTION!





The Denon is by far the better machine. I've installed literally hundreds of Denon devices over the years and have had very few problems with any of them compared to other brands. Zenith, on the other hand, is problematic.





Good luck and let me know how it goes!
  • acne scars treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment