Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I tell what region code a DVD is, if it is not marked on the case?

If a DVD I have bought does not have the regional code on it (such as region 1, USA, or region 2, Europe), how can I tell what region it is?


I have sometimes lent a DVD that does not have the regional coding on the sleeve - and have been told by the friend that it will not play on their single-region DVD player.


Is their any way I can check the region of a DVD by putting it into my computer?How can I tell what region code a DVD is, if it is not marked on the case?
Based on my experience, your computer will indeed tell you which is the region of your DVD.


Again based on my experience, all the DVD's which don't specify the region on the sleeve, it is supposed to be for all regions.


Godd luck!!How can I tell what region code a DVD is, if it is not marked on the case?
usually if it does not say then it is region free.although you could do what i did,and get yor dvd player chipped,then it doesn't matter
No
Refer to the instruction book that came with your dvd player as not all dvd players are the same. For example my dvd player plays DVD- R or DVD-RW discs and not DVD+R or DVD+RW. The minus and the plus symble is important. Most newer dvd players now play all regions, but also depend if they can play the - %26amp; + which you will see on the disc. Or upgrade and buy a multi region dvd player that does it all.
If the DVD is retail, it will be marked on the disc itself. If it is a copy made (as a back-up only, of course) on a DVD recorder then you will have to use your pc. There might be compatibility issues with DVD+ and DVD- formats, but this is usually marked also on the top surface of the DVD. There is also an issue if the DVD is not finalized... then you might not be able to play it in any other machine until u finalize it on the original machine

No comments:

Post a Comment