Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hardrive in DVD R casing?

My desktop is totally messed up because a virus did some work and I cannot log into my desktop-it's asking me for a Windows password. The thing is that I never put a password. I want to purchase an external hard drive to save files to laptop before I reformat desktop. We looked in youtube and a bunch of other places to see what the hard drive looks like.





We were trying to locate hardrive. We found where it says master-slave-cable. We assumed that was the hardrive. When we took it out it seems to be the DVD/CD R although it says master-slave-cable. Also, it has the serial connections shown on youtube.





We kept looking and found something that looks like the hardrive we saw in youtube, but it does not have the master-slave-cable and it also does not have the connections that the DVD/CD R has.





My husband dropped hard the DVD/CD R to the floor..I hope the hardrive is not contained in there otherwise I think we're in trouble.





We basically suck at this. It took us like two hours to remove the DVD R thinking it was the hardrive.





So which one is my hard drive?





P.S. My computer is Sony Vaio VGC RB50.





I hope you can help me. Maybe I should have paid a tech to save the files for me.Hardrive in DVD R casing?
From the lack of knowlege in your question, I suggest you and your husband go to a certified computer professional to get your data off your machine. I am not trying to be mean or insulting but when you opened your machine looking at the DVD/CDR cable when trying to install an EXTERNAL harddrive, data recovery is way above your skill level.





I recommend the computer professional do this:





1. Get a new INTERNAL hard drive that is greater than the hard drive you have.


2. Remove the OLD hard drive and install the new one.


3. Reinstall the Operating System onto your Sony


4. Install the OLD hard drive into an EXTERNAL case. USB is prefered.


5. Show you how you can access ALL your old data from your newly installed computer. Then you and your husband can leisurely pull whatever data you want from your old hard drive and use it as storage once you are done. I have done this for a number of clients and they are happy with the results. It costs a bit more but in the long run, there is no ';whoops, we forgot to save that.';Hardrive in DVD R casing?
Ok, It's fine if the CD/ DVD drive don't use the same type connectors. The newer computers are like that. Although the Hard drive will have a connector that looks like these...


http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/ide-鈥?/a> (IDE connector)


https://www.imasion-corp.com/shoppingcar鈥?/a> (SATA connector)


This will help eliminate some factors, also the Hard drive is smaller than the DVD drive but should be bigger than a folded dollar bill in half.





P.S. If windows asks for a password when you log in most likely you won't be able to get files because the files are under a password account.


If you take it to the tech they might be able to bypass the password and get the files.
  • acne scars treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment